About Me

My photo
D. H. Starr is a clean-cut guy with a wickedly naughty mind. He grew up in Boston and loves the city for its history and beauty. Also, having lived in NYC, he enjoys the fast pace and the availability of anything and everything. He first became interested in reading from his mother who always had a stack of books piled next to her bed. Family is important to D. H. and his stories center around the intricate and complex dynamics of relationships and working through problems while maintaining respect and love. His favorite books tend to fall in the genres of science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, and coming of age. To learn more about D. H. Starr and his books, please visit his website at www.dhstarr.com if you are 18+. To view his young adult work and resources, visit www.dhstarrYAbooks.com.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday Therapy - Chris Molina

Bishop! He's the light of my life and the greatest sorce of stress. Bishop Dumonte Molina, the perfect blend of myself, Cameron, and Abby. He possesses the best of all of our talents and strengths. He's fast, strong, smart, compassionate. He will have mental abilities as well as physical. People will be drawn to him and not know why. But did I do the right thing in constructing the perfect child?

Sure, I don't see any outward signs of abnormality and I can't detect any wrongness internally. All systemns function better than the average person (hell, better than the above-average person). But still, I can't help but wonder what will happen once he comes into his powers.

It's a little rediculous to think of this sweet young boy, baby really, as an adult. My worries won't come to pass for decades...if they come to pass at all. Still, there's something deep inside that rankles my nerves. Did I do the right thing?

All it takes is one look at those big, blue, pure eyes and I know I couldn't live in a world where Bishop didn't exist. I suppose I'll just have to have faith and believe that things really do turn out for the best in the end.

Unfortunately, that hasn't always been the way things have worked out for me on my journey. Not with my family and not with my nephew, Anthony. I lost so much. I couldn't bear to suffer a loss like that again. Especially when I have built what I consider to be a true family with Cameron (my life), Abby (my rock), and Bishop (my hopes and dreams).

Only time will tell and dwelling on things I can't change certainly won't help anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment