About Me

My photo
D. H. Starr is a clean-cut guy with a wickedly naughty mind. He grew up in Boston and loves the city for its history and beauty. Also, having lived in NYC, he enjoys the fast pace and the availability of anything and everything. He first became interested in reading from his mother who always had a stack of books piled next to her bed. Family is important to D. H. and his stories center around the intricate and complex dynamics of relationships and working through problems while maintaining respect and love. His favorite books tend to fall in the genres of science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, and coming of age. To learn more about D. H. Starr and his books, please visit his website at www.dhstarr.com if you are 18+. To view his young adult work and resources, visit www.dhstarrYAbooks.com.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Why Anti-Gay Bullying is a Theological Issue | Sexuality/Gender | Religion Dispatches

Why Anti-Gay Bullying is a Theological Issue | Sexuality/Gender | Religion Dispatches

1 comment:

  1. Thanks you for bringing that article to my attention. It is a shame that the "moral" few perpetuate these horrors. I found this passage particularly moving:
    Catholic theologian M. Shawn Copeland offers profound words to any individuals and churches seeking to wash their hands of this issue. She states,

    “If my sister or brother is not at the table, we are not the flesh of Christ. If my sister’s mark of sexuality must be obscured, if my brother’s mark of race must be disguised, if my sister’s mark of culture must be repressed, then we are not the flesh of Christ. For, it is through and in Christ’s own flesh that the ‘other’ is my sister, is my brother; indeed, the ‘other’ is me…”

    Rather than picking scripture to suit our purpose we would be much better off embracing its intent. Christ preached love and tolerance.

    ReplyDelete