About Me

My photo
D. H. Starr is a clean-cut guy with a wickedly naughty mind. He grew up in Boston and loves the city for its history and beauty. Also, having lived in NYC, he enjoys the fast pace and the availability of anything and everything. He first became interested in reading from his mother who always had a stack of books piled next to her bed. Family is important to D. H. and his stories center around the intricate and complex dynamics of relationships and working through problems while maintaining respect and love. His favorite books tend to fall in the genres of science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, and coming of age. To learn more about D. H. Starr and his books, please visit his website at www.dhstarr.com if you are 18+. To view his young adult work and resources, visit www.dhstarrYAbooks.com.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Night Random Thought 9/24/10

Is it possible to be too popular?

You know the saying guys can lose weight just by thinking about it (so not true by the way). Well my sister can make friends without thinking about it.  Something about her makes everyone like her.  But I've noticed her phone rings off the hook...that, and she gets a ton of texts.  I, on the other hand, get very few calls or texts.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a three-headed alien who repells people, but I don't have the certain magnetism my sister does.

So it got me to thinking: Which would be worse, having lots of friends but getting a lot calls or having fewer friends but not having as many calls and texts to respond to?

4 comments:

  1. Are you confusing friends with acquaintances? People who listen to others as opposed to talking about themselves tend to have people flock to them. But a true friend is one you can ask to feed your dog if you are running late and know they won't think it is an imposition or who'll take you to your doctor's appointment and hold your hand if it's bad news. You would do the same for them, unquestioningly. I am not one to walk around with a cell phone attached to my head or fingers flying sending a text every 3 seconds. My "friends" seem to like this about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get you. You just reminded me another thing about real friends. They are the ones you may not see or talk to very often, but when you do it feels like no time has passed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the first reader---people can have several acquaintances but few friends. Even though I can only count my true friends on one hand, they are the ones that I can count on, and who can count on me, to be tough, non-judgmental, tender, and allow me to be myself without even trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the direction this line has taken. All I was thinking about was what a pain in the neck it is to have the phone ringing and buzzing all the time. But this is so much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete