About Me

My photo
D. H. Starr is a clean-cut guy with a wickedly naughty mind. He grew up in Boston and loves the city for its history and beauty. Also, having lived in NYC, he enjoys the fast pace and the availability of anything and everything. He first became interested in reading from his mother who always had a stack of books piled next to her bed. Family is important to D. H. and his stories center around the intricate and complex dynamics of relationships and working through problems while maintaining respect and love. His favorite books tend to fall in the genres of science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, and coming of age. To learn more about D. H. Starr and his books, please visit his website at www.dhstarr.com if you are 18+. To view his young adult work and resources, visit www.dhstarrYAbooks.com.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

A. J. Llewellyn


Some basics so readers can get a snapshot of you:

1.       What’s your favorite food? I love Hawaiian, Chinese, Thai and Mediterranean food.

2.      What’s your favorite movie or television show? Hawaii Five-O - both versions!

3.      In your spare time you like to? Spare time? What's that? LOL...well I write, read, surf and I love to spend money at the very few record and book shops left in my neighborhood. I haunt Freakbeat Music like a plague of locusts and I could spend a whole day at Amoeba Music!

 You the author:

1.      If someone hasn’t read any of your work, what book would you recommend that they start with and why? Oh boy that's a tough question. I would probably start at the beginning though with Phantom Lover. It's still one of my favorites! I have a cunning plan you see...there are 16 books in the series. Hopefully the person will then want to read them all!

2.      If you could have a relationship with one of your characters, who would it be? Why? I would say Kimo Wilder from Phantom Lover. He is my fantasy man. And he has magic powers. He could make me really skinny!

3.      How much of your stories come from your own life and how much comes from your imagination? A lot of my stories come from my own life. Of course imagination is involved but I even went to a gay circuit party in Palm Springs as an observer and turned it into a book, The Oasis. I was a bit shocked by what I saw but hopefully I didn't show it!

4       Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult? Oh yes, S.E. Hinton. I loved her books. They really spoke to me. her first publishing deal at fourteen. I got to meet her a few years ago and spent a whole day with her and she is really amazing. I found it interesting that she says she can't read her books now...they are too full of painful memories. I will probably feel like that about Bunyip, my most recent release because it is a very personal story. I struggled with losing my beloved dog of 15 years and I lost her as I was writing this book. I miss her every day.

Getting Personal:

1.      If I came to your house and looked in your refrigerator, what would I find? A jar of kimchi, blue corn tortillas, leftover salmon from last night and tons and tons of Hawaiian juices!

2.      What was the best thing before sliced bread? Unsliced bread? Right out of the oven?

3.      Captain Kirk or Dr. Spock? Do I have to choose? Really? Okay, Spock...grumble grumble...

4.      Summer, Fall, Winter, or Spring? Why?
Which was worse? Elementary, Middle, or High School? Elementary. My mother died when I was six and it marked my early years...come to think of it, it marked all my years but the first years without her were awful.

5.      What is something that would surprise your readers if they knew it about you?

I would just like to thank everybody who reads my books, those who write to me and tell me they love my work. That keeps me and every other writer going. Our readers rock!

Thank you!

A.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment